As 2015 draws to a close, Sweaty and Fit is coming up to her second birthday! (Obviously S&F is a girl, not a guy or an it). This year held a ton of big things for myself and my website, and we also went through some major changes – mostly for the better.
As I continue to write and post, I slowly start to see what is working for me, what isn’t, and what things I want to eventually accomplish with my website. I guess there are four main components of this post that I want to look back on and recap.
- My personal life (ya I have one outside of this!)
- My health and fitness life (but this is basically my life anyway)
- My website (essentially ties in with the top two)
- 2016 (Ooooo get ready!!)
At first I hadn’t actually planned on making one of these posts, but then I saw other bloggers doing it, and thought it looked pretty cool. I think it’s nice to a) wrap up the year with a conclusive post, and b) celebrate and share the successes and achievements throughout the year.
My Personal Life
– It was exactly a year ago now that I packed up all my belongings in Vancouver, and moved out to Toronto permanently. Not only that, but my boyfriend and I decided to move in together after doing an entire year of long distance. I’ve always been one for making major life changes like this, because I think it’s great to move forward and take chances. This turned out to be one of the best decisions I have made, and I am 100x happier than when I was living in Vancouver in 2014.
Also – did you ever see that YouTube video “Instagram Husbands” ? That is basically Adam, except 100x over. Without his support and help, I wouldn’t have gotten nearly as far with S&F as I have now. To be honest, I should probably start paying him. But for real – he is behind 99% of all my photos, workout videos, graphics, and creative ideas. If any of you bloggers have an Adam in your life, never let him go.
– The other check on my bucket list worth mentioning, would be my trip to Bali! I am an ocean gal inside and out, and it has always been a dream of mine to dive in those waters. I am so lucky to have gotten the opportunity to do so. Also, Adam and I made a super awesome video to share our memories!
My Health and Fitness Life
There have been a couple accomplishments in this realm for 2015 and I will try to keep them separate from my website.
– First, I was so proud to have completed my personal training certificate through the NSCA. I studied for that bad boy for 6 months during Toronto SUMMER, and had to miss out on a whole lot of awesome shizz because of it. In the end it was completely worth it to have gotten it done, and I passed with 84%! Now I can buy affordable insurance!
– The most recent big fitness event for me, was getting chosen to represent Toronto at the Nike #getouthere Challenge in Chicago. I won’t go into details again, but you can read all about it in this post! I made a number of awesome friends in the fitness community, and the entire weekend was a huge inspiration for me to come home and continue to work hard every day.
Okay this one is the kicker! Tons of things have happened and changed over these past few months with Sweaty & Fit and building my brand in general.
– The big one is that I am actually getting PAID to do this, which is huge for me. When I first started my website, it never crossed my mind to somehow start generating income from this. People kept coming up with their ideas on how to make money, and I usually would shrug it off. However this year I decided to actually put an effort into it, and see where it would take me. I am very lucky to have received gifts and products from awesome companies, but decided I could no longer promote it all for free. (Unless I really am obsessed with a product, then I will DEF tell ya about it).
– Another change is my transition from making full workout videos and condensing them down to written posts accompanied with GIFs. Again – it takes a very long time for me to film, edit, and post a workout. I was finding that the views I was getting on YouTube were not high enough to justify the hours I would spend on the video. The GIFs are perfect, as they take very little time, shows the full exercise, and can be easily remembered.
– Finally, one of the best things that could have happened for Sweaty & Fit, would be the help and support from all the other incredible bloggers out there. I recently joined a Facebook community group of food, fitness, and health bloggers around Canada and the US, and it has been a HUGE source of information and love. It is such a relief to know that everyone seems to have gone through the same trials and tribulations I have, and we are all at different points in this wonderful journey!
Dun dun DUNNNN… What’s in store for 2016?!
Ahh so there is tons to tell, but I don’t want to give away too much before I am ready. So i’ll try and be vague, but not too vague because that is boring.
– The Sweaty & Fit team (Adam and Beverley) have put our creative thinking caps on for what we want to see for next year, and what I want to see is an awesome overhaul. Sweaty & Fit was always a stand in name for when I had to change it the first time, AND because I love change sewww much, my blog name is changing again. What to, you ask?! You’ll have to wait and see. But I guarantee you’ll love it. Because I love it.
– As I have moved away from the workout videos, and am focussing on more condensed, quick to view content, my current theme is no longer relevant. It is very video-heavy, and not representative of what i’m moving my website towards. As such, my entire website structure will once again be changing. HAHAHAHA change is goooooood!!!
– I recently found out that I will be heading back to my old stomping grounds in VANCOUVER next January! All I can say is to get ready to get your butt kicked by me as part of a 7 day World wide fitness movement. More details to come
– Aaaand FINALLY, something BIG that I have been working on for the past 3-4 months is coming soon… Hoping to get everything completed by mid January, but that makes for a pretty tight deadline. However, i’ve been working my A$$ off for it, and will keep putting those hours in every day till its complete!
That was a long post, and if you’re still with me, i’m shocked. Thank you. To wrap this up – I think 2015 was a huge milestone for both myself and my website, and it laid the path for even greater things to be achieved next year. Thank you, THANK YOU, to those who still come to here, and see what i’m up to, and thank you for all the love and support and kindness you have shown me over the past couple years. It actually means the world <3
Now, what about you?
What do you have in store for 2016?
What was your biggest accomplishment for 2015?
Are you a goal setter, or do you prefer to take each day by day?