Since so many of you hated on the idea of fish tacos because everyone apparently has a distaste towards anything that swims, I had to think of another little recipe that I KNOW everyone will enjoy. I picked this up from my buddy Nathan so hopefully he doesn’t mind me sharing this!
Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
I literally do not know a single person who does not like yams or sweet potatoes so no complaining. All you yam fry lovers.
2 giant sweet potatoes or 4 medium sized ones
A giant handful of sage or basil
3 garlic cloves crushed or chopped up
salt and pepper
1 C whipping cream (I never said this was fat free)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wash the sweet potatoes but do not peel them. 2. Slice the potatoes into very thin (1/2 cm) slices.
3. Arrange the slices in a casserole dish or ovenproof dish so that they are standing up side by side and the skins are facing outwards.
4. In a separate dish, combine the salt and pepper, chopped up herbs, and crushed garlic. Sprinkle over the sweet potatoes covering them completely.
5. Cover the dish with foil and place them in the oven baking them for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes take them out, remove the foil, and pour the cream over the potatoes.
6. Put the sweet potatoes back into the oven for 25 more minutes uncovered. The potatoes should be cooked through completely after this.
7. Serve and enjoy!