This workout is a real lower body burner. Trust me – by the end of the third exercise I found it pretty hard to lift my legs! I don’t know what I was thinking but I still managed to get it done.
Repeat the workout for 4 rounds total. There are four exercises, but one of them is done on both legs, so there is 5 sets of 30 seconds of work.
1. Low Jack Squats: Start in a standing position with your feet together. Jump your feet out wide so they’re about squatting width apart, and squat down low so that your legs are about 90 degrees with the ground. Jump back up so that your feet are together again, and you’re in a standing position.
2. a)Lunge Back to Knee Drive (right and left): This is the exercise that you are going to be doing two sets of – first with the right leg and then with the left. Standing with your balance on your left leg, bring your right leg back so that you are in a lunge position. Carefully lift your right leg up, and drive your knee through. As you drive your knee through, jump up slightly on your left foot. To make this easier you can leave your foot on the ground, and just do the knee drives without a hop.
2. b) Repeat on the opposite leg again for 30 seconds
3. Dumbbell Row to Tricep Push up: I think in the video I said I used 15lb dumbbells but I lied and I believe i’m actually using 12.5lbs! I apologize. Grip the dumbbells so that your hands are directly below your shoulders. Keeping your body in a flat line, lift your right arm and row the dumbbell up. Bring your arm back down and repeat on the opposite side. Then do a tricep push up following the row. If you cannot do the push up with the dumbbells, do it with your hands on the ground. If you cannot do it on the ground, then do the push up on your knees.
4. Russian Twists: Sit on your bum with your feet slightly off the ground. Twist your torso so that your hands (or weight) almost touch the ground. Bring your body back so that your chest is facing forward and twist the opposite way. You can either do this with or without a weight.
Once you’ve completed this exercise, repeat two or three more times! Let me know what your legs feel like after this and share it with your friends!