Based on the title, I bet you’re thinking this is gonna be some crazy news.
Maybe… I got engaged?
Or perhaps… I’m pregnant?!
Or I’m quitting my job and moving to Bali permanently!!
NO GUYS, IT’S NONE OF THOSE THINGS.
If you follow me on Instagram, you might have noticed my Major-Life-Changing-Event in some of my latest videos.
Alright, well I guess I’ve built this up as much as I could. Here we go:
I got a new gym membership!
Well I didn’t say it was life changing for YOU, I said it was life changing for ME. Dictionary.com defines life-changing as: “altering a person’s life or circumstances in a substantial way,” and guys, my new gym membership has done just that.
Before I get started, I must say this post is not sponsored in anyway. I am just that in love with my new gym. Adam can vouch for that. I won’t shut up about it.
My new gym is called Totum and is based in downtown Toronto. Prior to signing up here, I was with Good Life for a year. And I really did not enjoy it. If you are a Toronto reader/native, you’ll know what i’m talking about when I say GL is uninspiring, busy, surrounded by men in tight white tank tops, and overall not a great fit for a person who wants to train properly.
It seriously took me ages to actually decide if I wanted to switch gyms. Changing gyms may not seem like a big deal, but when you think about it as being one of the top three places you visit daily (home & work being the other two) – it’s a BIG A$$ DEAL. It is SO easy to get into the habit of doing the same thing week in and week out, that actually getting up and trying something new takes courage and an open mind. Especially when such a big time and monetary commitment is in place!
I believe if you take the chance on something new, it will always work out for the better. In my case, it definitely did. Here are the things I love about my new gym:
- It’s SO quiet. I mean – SO. SO. QUIET. When I get there around 4:45, it is literally myself, two other people, and maybe two trainers with clients. I have full gym access to myself.
- It’s got everything a Crossfit gym has, without having to do Crossfit classes. TWO FOR TWO.
- It’s got an entire area dedicated for massage therapists, physiotherapists, etc. A one-stop boutique gym shop.
- Two Words: PUNCHING BAGS. (And lots of em)
- Lastly – they hold classes, but it’s not a ‘class only membership’ type of gym. AND they have yoga. Which I have been meaning to do more of.
I paid a good chunk of money up front in January, but it gives me a 13 month membership (so i’ll be sticking around 😉 ). Prices range from $90+tax to $120+ tax a month.
ALSO, since it’s so quiet and there is tons of free space to do workouts, I will be able to film more workout videos! Can’t wait to keep em comin for you guys!
How about you?
- Any big changes to your fitness/exercise regime?
- What is the gym you workout at like?
- How do you feel about change?