Soo i’m leaving for Bali very soon. At the last minute, I also decided it would be kind of cool to do a video post on what i’m bringing! I received some great feedback on my first video and thought i’d do another. It’s actually kind of funny to watch as I slowly realize how much stuff I have… ‘light packing’ are not words found in my vocabulary. Watch the video below and check out the rest of the post after!
Holy CRAP guys. It seems like only a short time ago Adam and I were sitting at the couch at home after having a few glasses of wine, looking at flights to Bali. After mulling it over for a few minutes, I took the plunge and pressed “Confirm Flights” for the two of us. After I got the confirmation email with all our details, I looked at Adam with the biggest smile and screamed with happiness. The thought that in a couple months I would be back under the water, swimming with the fish and turtles, tanning on the beach, and seeing some old friends just put the biggest smile on my face.
photos from Airbnb
SOMEHOW, time has passed extremely freaking fast. Anxiety has replaced excitement because of all the things I have to get done and purchase before we leave. I am happy to say that I did get my vaccinations before going, (after researching it for ages, I decided better safe than sorry) so that is one less thing to worry about. As I currently write this post, I am leaving in exactly 14 days and I don’t even have my backpack yet… This is coming from someone who packs a week before a two day work trip. Just like the scouts, I like to be prepared.
Anyway, to help me out with my irrational anxiety, I thought I would make a blog post on the items I plan to bring with me to Bali. This list will include what I am packing on my check-in bag, as well as my carry-on. We have a 15 hour flight to Hong Kong from Toronto, and an overnight layover before jumping on the plane to Bali. Thus I need to be seriously prepared. Sitting, let alone sitting for 15 hours, is not my strong point.
- Passport/ HK Dollars/ Indonesian Dollars/ Old Wallet
- Airline Ticket Print Out
- Printout of Itinerary/ Photocopies of Passports
- Eye Mask for Plane
- Reading Book/Notebook
- Glasses/Contact Lenses + Extra Lenses/ Lense Solution
- Gossipy Magazine (1 a year, thats my limit!)
- Snacks: Tamari Almonds, Apple, Homemade Sandwich, Granola Bars, Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Spare Underwear/ Extra Clothes
- Bikinis/ Cover Ups
- Sports Bra/ Workout Shorts (3 & 3)
- Bug Spray/Imodium/Tylenol/Bandaids
- Moist Towelettes/Toothbrush/Toothpaste/Shampoo/Conditioner/Face Cream/Tweezers/Razor
- Dirty Laundry Bag/Ziploc Bags
- Snorkel Mask
- 1 long sleeve (wear on plane)
- 1 pair pants (wear on plane)
- 3x shorts
- 2x beach dresses
- 3 tank tops/ 3 crop tops
- Running sneakers (wear on plane)/ Birkenstocks/ Flip Flops
- Elephant Necklace
- Diving Log/ Diving Calculator/ PADI Dive Card