Again, I am gracing you all with another delicious pancake recipe. You’re very welcome. I have been craving pancakes for a while, and one morning last weekend I decided that I wasn’t going to wait any longer – these pancakes had to be made. (Wow, how many times can I use the word pancake in the opening sentences).
Anyway, I walked into the kitchen with one goal in mind and started grabbing the ingredients; eggs, milk, flo- wait. There was no flour… aghhhh! How could I make such a rookie mistake. There was no way I was going to pop down to the grocery store and grab some either. It was Saturday morning and Saturday mornings are not for buying groceries. They’re for making pancakes. After quickly getting over my lack of baking necessities, I quickly came up with an alternative idea (and probably a bit healthier too)! OATS! You literally cannot go wrong with oats, and once you grind it into a flour, it substitutes perfectly for the real stuff.
I also had an aging banana on hand, so I grabbed that too along with some protein powder, and worked my magic. The result was delicious! As toppings I added some fresh blueberries and sauteed cinnamon apples.
- Dry Ingredients
- 1.5 cups oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Wet Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- coconut oil for the pan
- toppings! (I used blueberries/apples and honey)
- In a magic bullet or blender, grind up 1 cup of the oats into a fine oat flour and leave 1/2 cup of oats intact
- In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, regular oats, and the rest of the dry ingredients together
- In a magic bullet or blender, blend the wet ingredients together so that it is one liquid consistency.
- Slowly mix in the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until combined. Add more milk if necessary
- Heat up 1tbsp of coconut oil on the frying pan
- Drop a spoonful of the batter onto the frying pan, let cook for about 1/2 minutes on each side or until the edges are bubbly
- Serve with honey or maple syrup, apples, and blueberries (or whatever else you want!)