I am in Calgary at the moment, writing up this post for you guys. Slowly I have decided to make some changes to my website, and this workout post is kind of a test for me. Rather than filing it under my “videos,” I have decided to place it under my blog posts, and see what (if any), changes occur.
If you are also a blogger, I am sure you understand my plight when it comes to site improvement. I constantly am thinking over and over what I can do to improve my website, what resources I wished I had to create better content, and how to appeal to and attract larger and more diverse audiences. It’s a very slow and steady climb, and although looking at other bloggers websites usually inspires me, they also tend to bring me back to reality and realize that I have so much further to go.
Anyway, I will leave you with that – just some thoughts that are going through my head at the moment. If you ever have advice or want to offer your mentoring services, then I AM ALL EARS. I love constructive criticism (seriously, I do).
Now back to my workout: This workout I filmed when I was in Newfoundland for a work conference. There wasn’t any squat racks or bench press racks to use, so I did a fun little circuit. Except it was not so fun, as much as it was sweaty. But they are both pretty much interchangeable words in my vocabulary 😀
I did this circuit by REPS. There are four different exercises, and you will complete 10 reps of each exercise before moving onto the next one. Repeat for four rounds total.
Crazy Leg Circuit
- 10 Reps/Exercise
- 4 Rounds
- 2 Minute Rest Between Rounds
1. Lunge Jumps: Start in a lunge position, with your knees bent at a 90 degree angle with the ground. Using your momentum, jump up into the air, and switch your legs, so that the back foot is now in front, and the front is at the back. Make sure that you keep your balance, and avoid letting your torso fall to one side. Repeat for 10 reps on each foot
2. DB Deadlift to Plank: Grab the dumbbells you have chosen in both hands. Start in a plank position with the dumbbells firmly planted on the ground. Jump your feet in so they are near your hands. Stand up, keeping your back flat and engaging your glutes to extend your torso up. Keeping your core tight, plant the weights firmly back onto the ground, and jump your feet out to plank position. Repeat the same move again
3. Walking Squat: Start in a kneeling position with your torso upright and straight. Maintaining the same height, lift your left leg so that your left foot is planted firmly on the ground. Keeping your balance, slowly lift your right leg to match the left. Keep your knees and hips bent, so that your body is constantly in a squat position for this exercise. With your left leg, push it back behind you and repeat on the opposite side, so that you are back in starting position. Repeat for 10 reps on each leg
4. Frogger to Push Up: Starting in plank position with your hands underneath your shoulders, jump your feet up at simultaneously so that your feet are a few inches away from the outside of your hands. Jump your feet back into starting position and repeat the move, except this time with your feet in-between your hands. Jump back into starting position once more and perform a push up. Repeat for 10 reps.
Are you working out this Monday? What does your workout have in store for you?
Please use the links below to share this workout!