Happy Monday! How was your weekend?
Mine was busy seeing friends, eating out, dancing (basically the opposite of last weekend) and cleaning up our balcony. Or rather, Adam cleaned up our balcony. I watched and bought coffee.
Our balcony is both a blessing and a curse. I love it because it’s nice to stand out there, get some fresh air and look at the gorgeous view. Unfortunately I’m not the only one who loves it – pigeons and spiders also like to call our balcony home.
I don’t know about you guys, but i’ve seen a 10 fold increase in spiders in our apartment recently. Luckily i’m not as scared of them as I once was, but it still doesn’t mean I love seeing them around. Especially when they come out of no where.
Aside from making our balcony spotless, it was one of my best friends birthday. We celebrated it with a few drinks in the park, followed by a “Lemonade Views” themed party at a bar (an ode to Beyonce & Drake).
This is basically as good as it gets with us:
Last week I also did this arms & abs workout with a resistance band and was feeling it for days. It was one of those workouts that it hurt to laugh afterwards, because my abs were so sore!
Arms & Abs Workout with Resistance Band
Perform each exercise for 30 seconds on with a 12 second rest in between. Repeat for 4 rounds total
1. Lateral Jumping Push Ups: Start in a push up position with your core tight and back flat. Bend your elbows and perform a push up, so your chest is only a couple inches from the ground. Extend your elbows and explode out of the push up, jumping your feet and your hands to the right. Land with a soft bend in your elbows and perform another push up. As you come up again, jump back to your starting position.
Modification: If you are unable to jump, perform walking push ups instead. Perform a push up and as you come up, walk your hands and feet one step over to the right before doing the next rep.
2. Kneeling Tricep Extn with Band: Get down on one knee, keeping your core tight and your chest upright. Place the middle of the resistance band under your knee cap, and grab the handles with both hands, elbows bent. With your palms facing the sky and elbows tucked in, extend your arms and reach your hands above your head. Slowly reverse the movement so that you are back in starting position. You should feel this in the back of your arms.
3. Leg Raises with Hip Lift: Start on your back with your arms out to your sides, palms flat on the ground. Keeping your legs straight, lift them up in the air until they are perpendicular with the ground. At this point, lift your butt a few inches off the ground, engaging your lower abs. Slowly lower your legs back down, without letting them touch the ground.
4. Alternating Upright Bicycle: Start on your back with your hands gently placed behind your ears and legs extended. Squeeze your core and crunch your abs, bringing your right elbow towards your left knee. Come back down, without letting your feet touch the ground. Repeat the movement, except with your left elbow and right knee.
5. Resistance Band Lateral Raises: Start with one foot slightly in front of the other, with the middle of the resistance band under the front foot. Grab the handles in both hands, palms facing the ground. Without using your momentum, lift your arms up and out to the sides, just above parallel with the ground. Slowly lower your arms back down to your sides again. Keep your arms straight, with a soft bend in the elbows.
What About You!?
- Are you afraid of spiders?
- Beyonce or Drake?
- What did you do this weekend?
Pin For Later!